Monday, August 24, 2015

Letter From Dillie Deer

First let me start by introducing myself. My name is Dillie Deer, you can call me Dillie. My family belongs to the "Cervidae" species. My cousins are the mule deer, white-tailed deer, elk, moose, red deer, and reindeer (or caribou, Rudolf, if you didn't know, is a fictional character, hahaha).

Obviously, I'm not actually writing this letter, but the guy who is, we met at a nature park. He was walking along, with something stuck in his ears, kinda bobbing his head back and forth; I thought he was ill.

What humans refer to as a 'Nature Park', happens to be my home. We have other biomes as well, such as the forest, tropical rainforest, tundras, and we transition between these areas for food, water, warmth, and shelter.

But I digress. So this guy is walking along and we make eye contact. I'm standing on the side of the trail, waiting for him to walk by.

He's looking at me, I'm looking at him, as he goes past.

I used the 'tail-flagging' method to signal for Dabney (she is what humans refer to as a 'significant other'), Durrel, and Darlene, (our two fawns) to hustle across the trail so we can disappear into the thicket and return to our daily activities.


The human turned around and saw the four of us dart across the path. This is when our energy migrated as one. Although we were swiftly moving away from him, I could sense a friendly presence; he meant no harm. Which brings me to the crux of this letter.


Healthy, well-nourished humans are dressing as trees and underbrush, for camouflage, and using high-powered weaponry to slaughter us. Why? We are part of the global ecosystem just as you are. We have families and loved ones, just as you do.

The major difference is that we are part of natures food chain, but your actions of "hunting for sport" is breaking the fundamental law of nature. This is a universal canon that has evolved over billions of years.

Nothing in nature takes more than it needs. The oceans, rainforests, and the human body are all cooperatives. The sequoia tree doesn’t use all the nutrients in the soil, just what it needs to grow. A lion doesn’t kill every wildebeest, just one. Coyotes don't kill deer for sport, they do so for survival. In the human body, there is a term for something that takes more than its share; it's called cancer.


The sadistic and avaricious ways of the human will ultimately lead to their extinction. The hunter-for-sport may also want to consider the bad karma he's creating for himself.

As a method of learning (because experience is the best teacher for the human) you may return to a life and be attacked and killed by an animal in order for your spirit to realize and understand the bigger picture, that all life is precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment